Dry scalp & dandruff
A dry scalp can depend on different reasons. It often gets drier during the winter because of the cold weather, but one reason could also be that you're not using the right products to suit your scalps needs.
Dandruff on the other hand, can occur because of a yeast called Malassezia. Malassezia belongs to the natural skin flora and give rise to a chronic superficial skin infection.
The old skin cells on your scalp will, like on the rest of your body, fall off after a while. But when the amount increases and gets visible, that's when you can call it dandruff.
The most common reasons to get dandruff is that your scalp isn't hydrated enough because of strong styling products or non-moisturising hair care.
A few tips to get rid of a dry scalp are:
- Don't wash your hair too often, two-three times per week is enough
- Don't wash your hair with too hot water
- Make sure to massage the scalp while applying your shampoo, give yourself a good scalp-massage
- Don't be afraid to apply conditioner in the whole hair, as well as the scalp
- Don't use too much styling products and dry shampoo
- Use a moisturising Hair Oil
- Try changing your pillowcases from cotton to bamboo. Bamboo got antibacterial properties and doesn't tear your hair while you sleep
- Drink a lot of water, great for both hair and skin
For those suffering from dandruff or a dry scalp, let us present our Hair Care series:
A mild series that cares for your hair. Thanks to the active ingredient Piroctone Olamine it helps prevent dandruff, soothes an irritaded scalp and reduces the occurrence of Malassezia yeast. The series is also enriched with Sodium PCA, Aloe Vera and Peptides that help stimulate hair growth while soothing and moisturising hair and scalp.
The series has a mild, fruity scent of apple and pear with hints of flowers.